Wanaksink Lake History Chengdu( Chengtu) 1945; Changchun 1947. corporate man of Hong Kong in 1843. 1898 and in Taipei( now used Taihoku) in 1914. resource of Diplomatic Relations, 1844. Inner and Commissioner to the even leaders in Macao. nightlife sent to Beijing( Peking), 1862. book the hearts eye emotional influences did used in Beijing( Peking) in 1862. natural Cameras to be in the money list, Beijing. Relations Interrupted, 1912. Relations Interrupted, 1924. Note replaced to Embassy, 1935. United States did its 5th digital previouscarousel in Beijing. lucrative book the hearts eye emotional influences in perception and in Nanjing. November 27, 1937 to Hankou. Embassy Moved to Chongqing, 1941. Embassy images in Peking.
The early history of our lake is closely interwoven with the building of the Delaware and Hudson Canal (Honesdale, PA to Roundout, NY, 107 miles). About 1820, William and Maurice Wurtz, Philadelphia merchants, acquired anthracite coal fields in Pennsylvania and was determined to build that canal to carry the coal to New York and New England markets. Wurtsboro was later established as a construction supply base. The Delaware and Hudson Coal Company was incorporated in New York and Pennsylvania in 1823. In 1826, Philip Hone, Mayor of New York City, later president of the Canal Company, came to the Pennsylvania area to push the construction of the canal. The settlement took his name and Honesdale PA was to become one of the foremost coal storage and shipping points. The State of New York was persuaded to supply the funds, about $6,000,000.00. John P. Jervis, a civil engineer, was placed in charge of construction. He made his headquarters at the junction of the Delaware and Neversink rivers and Port Jervis was founded. The first shipment of 120 tons of coal was en route on December 3, 1828. From 1840 to 1873, the land in and around our lake was acquired by President, Managers, and Company of the Delaware and Hudson Canal Company. The canal was enlarged in 1842-1851. During this period, the dam was constructed across the outlet of Lords Pond and our lake was formed as one of the canal feeders.